Monday, January 25, 2010

Taking down the World Bogger Championship of Online Poker, Event #1

We just completed the first event of the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker and since the title already ruined what could be a good rollercoaster ride of a story, I won it and the $1050 ticket to the SCOOP event of my choice.  I was very surprised and happy that it didn't turn out to be just like any other freeroll.  All of the players in the game played really well and made it a good time.  Although I didn't get a chance to Blog during the event I did try to lighten the mood up in the Twitter room for the event.  I hope everyone enjoyed my posts.  I'll go through my posts and sum up what was going on the entire time (because I lost some of my hand history from the tourney and can't review it all).

#WBCOOP. Playing in my first blogger tourny on Stars. I suspect it will be interesting. I'll post interesting hands here.

When the tourney started I honestly had no idea what to expect.  Like I said above, I was happy to find that it wasn't a shovefest like most freerolls.
#WBCOOP I'd like to retweet the dealers last deal. Just doubled me up.
I ran in to a huge hand early, making the nut full house Ts over Qs, vs a smaller full house and got doubled up.  A cooler hand for the other player really.
#WBCOOP Good time for a break. I'm getting moved around more than a mob boss in witness protection.
From time to time in the tournament (and other little games I was in), I was shuffled around from table to table making it hard to get a read on people.  I hope Stars isn't trying to promote FullTilts Rush Poker setup.  This occasion was at the first break.
I'm apparently at a table with a monkey,a horse,that annoyingly smart guy who won all that money at Jeopardy,and of course..The moon.#WBCOOP
 I love the avatars that people select.  I think I played with president Obama twice tonight....and Lil Wayne...again.
#WBCOOP I think a shark at my table just growled...is that natural?
  I don't think this requires explanation... Nope, definitely doesn't.
#WBCOOP. 1 Free scoop ticket secured... Checking out Baskin Robins' menu as I type. What flavor to get w/ my ticket? 
Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP)...This was kinda like a play on words...it's one of my 'things' that I do to make 'humor'...because this one FAILED so badly I used it for the rest of the tourney.
#WBCOOP. Again w/ the changing seats every other hand. Tables breaking up too fast after bubble. Seeing more table dancing than Tiger Woods.
See comment above...no, not that one, nope, not that one either, or that one....yep that's the comment.  It's funny how it's never too soon for cheating golf pro jokes.
#WBCOOP Bah, dropped out of 2nd place. Spewing chips worse than Mary-Kate Olsen shooting a Doritos commercial.
In her defense, I don't think Mary-Kate was ever bulimic but it's not as funny if I selected someone who actually is bulimic...yeah, think about it, I'm right.  Lionel's daughter was my backup target for this one.  In regards to poker, I was in a good spot and playing pretty well.  The other runners were also playing pretty solid too.
#WBCOOP Up until now this has been a pretty solid tournament.In the past orbit it just got really odd...guy just 4 bet w/ ATo...and won.
Then there was this guy.  I do have to say that he was running good.  Which I guess generally means that you're playing like crap.  I ran horrible the whole tourney :-).
TT vs JJ...I guess two outs was more than I would have had w/ JJ vs JJ... Back to 180K. UL for Cordlette though. GG. #WBCOOP
 This sounds much worse than it is since both all-in's preflop were for only 2X my original 3X bet and I had a commanding chip lead at the table.  I was def. priced in.  I guess I can take my previous comment back...I ran good in this hand.  I had TT...1 allin had JJ and the other had A4.  T hit the flop.
Made the final table of the first #WBCOOP tourney. Time to work for that $1050 Scoop ticket. Good trip to Baskin Robins.
It took 6 hours to make this final table but it fell apart pretty quickly.  At this point everyone was guaranteed a $215 ticket and whoever was the most handsome would be awarded the $1,050 ticket.  Note the Basking Robins thing again...FAIL #2.
Secured event 1 of the #WBCOOP...Time for that trip to Baskin Robins. $1050.. GG all.
Basking Robins comment #3.  I think it worked this time, what do you think?  It was an up and down battle when it got heads up and I would have been embarrassed if I lost this one.  Went in  with a 6 to 1 chip lead and he almost evened it up at one point.  The Final Hand was a pretty close one and kevin070 played great.  Heads up lasted almost 50 hands.

That about sums it up.  Lesson learned.  Say good things about your poker site and you'll do well.  I'm surprised I didn't open up any paid tourneys during this entire freeroll.  I think I'll play tomorrows WBCOOP event as well so I can lighten up the twitter room a bit.

Until then: Good luck in everything that you attempt.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win. I agree that it wasn't a usual freeroll environment, which made me happy (made the same comments on twitter during the tournament and in my blog). I was actually at a table with you when I went out on one of my few poor plays of the day (in my opinion) when my Ah/8h ran into Q/Q.

    I'll be playing in Events 4 and the Main Event, and I'm looking forward to both.

    mariettabull.strangeland.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I busted in 560th so I hung around and did a detailed live blog with pictures just for practice. I saw the three statistically best players in the final 100 or so make it to the final five. Great fun.
    FYI, GG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Statistically best based on what stats? :)

    Nice blog, I like the report :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for everyone's congrats and some solid reviews of the tournament action. It came in handy when my hand history was lost. I'll have to cross-reference your blogs at some point (meaning: I'm not very good at this blogging thing).

    ZomB, I think the stats that are being referenced are height, weight, number of words I can say in the creole language, number of chickens I can catch on a free range...those sorts of things. That is if I'm included in the '3'. If he's talking ability, it sucks that one of those three guys couldn't win it after making it that far.

    Thanks again guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. Had a feeling either you or kevin070 were going to when I was at your table (TBPauly), and sure enough, you both made the final two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratz man. They have said that you have played well and I bellieve it, a pity that i couldn't play against you... maybe if I hadn't had a problem I would have meet you in a table.

    Enjoy the ticket ;-) and please visit my blog.

    hasate22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the rationale on the Mary-Kate joke, you crack me up smalls!

    ReplyDelete