Friday, January 8, 2010

Poker journal entry- Big money Sunday and chance to take down the 100K...again

I'm reviewing my poker journal as I spin up the new year and wanted to post an entry about about my second final table of Bodog's 100K.  Enjoy:

It’s Sunday, big money Sunday, big suckout Sunday.  I just don’t get it.  I’ve already gotten knocked out of the Stars 225K, when UTG limps, I shove for 12BB, he calls- Me AK vs. Him K6soooooooted.   6 in the window.  I’m still thinking I can do some big things in the other big games but Jesus, this is how it starts.  Pretty standard, time to run better, I’ll try.

Bodogs 100K-  I got knocked around at the beginning stages but luckily had some nice double ups.  My favorite was this:

Community Cards
   2 6 10 5 8 

I’m holding TT and this guy shoves OOP for about 4X the pot or so.  He flips up AJs… I really don’t get these types of plays other than perhaps they have been rewarded enough to enstill that there is always a chance in the players.  I would hope that if anyone ever sees me making a ‘move’ like that that they will pull me aside and suggest I either quit poker or get back to the basics.  I don’t foresee that happening though, I like winning too much (ahhhh winning, I remember that one time…5 hours from now that I took down the FT 200K and the Bodog 100K…that was a good time).  OK, back to current time, same guy that doubled me just doubled Hesse who is to my right and I’m not happy about that (he’s chippy now).

In the 200K haven’t been able to get anything going and finally picked up AK, raised from early, got a push and a shortstack call.  I’m thinking 50/50 to triple up.  I’m in and was right 77, 99 vs AK.  9 spikes the flop, and no AK to scoop the side.  I’m out but got in awesome.  All focus on the 100K, just doubled up there AQ vs AT.  One more and I’m a contender.  Doubled through Hesse w/ AQ vs AJ blind vs blind.  One more time and I have a shot to take this down.

Man, it really has been down to the wire w/ bubble play.  I got all in w. 8 to go w/ JJ vs another players JJ (also all in) and 66 (who was spewing chips).  Shoved w/ AK from late, no calls.  Shoved w/ AQ from sb and Hesse obliged again w/ QK.  A on the flop and I’m up to allllmost average.  The bubble FINALLY burst on this thing and when it does here….people flow out.  Then came the magic.  I doubled up and I’m in the running.

A bit of a good run and a flip here and there vs shortstacks, I led some was 3rd most of it and it’s come down to the final table.  8 more people to deal w/ then I can say I’ve won this 100K, no second this time.  Into the final table I’m 4th w/ average chips, 1 shortstack, 1 shorter than average stack, 2 monsters.  Time to navigate.

I navigated on to 4 people w/ the chip lead (not by much).  Short stack shoves I have AJ, SB shoves over him.  AJ suited 4 handed.  I should have called but I folded reshover flips JK and other guy doubles up w/ weak ace.  Then I ended up getting it in w/ TT vs his JJ.  I made a set and he made a straight.  Out in 4th.  7000.  Should have been at very least double that.  Next time 100K, next time.

 As I find more sections of my journal to post I'll put them here.  Until then:  Good luck in everything that you attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment